This module is used to control a ventilation system. Thanks to this module the ventilation control can also utilize the ""all off"" function and the calendar functions from your Niko Home Control installation. Using the programming software, you set when, how long and at which level the ventilation will work. By pushing the buttons on the module, you can also operate the ventilation manually. The module is equipped with three feedback LEDs and one status LED and uses very little energy."
Ventilation module for Niko Home Control. The ventilation module controls the central ventilation system via the Niko Home Control installation. The module is suitable for use with type C systems (mechanical extract ventilation) or type D systems (mechanical supply and extract ventilation with heat recovery). Connect the ventilation system to the ventilation module as opposed to the three or four-way switch supplied with the system.
The bus signal of the controller activates one of the outputs on the ventilation module. Each output corresponds with one setting on the ventilation unit: low (eco), medium or high. The outputs can also be activated manually via the buttons on the ventilation module. Please remember that the activation is only temporary as it will be overruled by the next bus communication. The outputs are activated or deactivated via low-energy bistable relays in the module. Use the specific push buttons for ventilation to operate the ventilation system in the home. The ventilation function can also be incorporated in mood settings.
A ventilation unit can generally be connected in two different ways:
- With two-wire control, you connect the common terminal from the ventilation unit in between two control wires. If no control wire is selected, the ventilation system will function at the lowest setting.
- With three-wire control, you connect the common terminal from the ventilation unit in between three control wires. Each control wire represents one specific ventilation setting.
Use the programming software to select when and for how long the ventilation system should remain activated for each setting, i.e. ‘low’ (eco), ‘medium’ and ‘high’. You can also select how long the highest setting should remain activated in boost mode. Furthermore, ventilation control can be incorporated in other Niko Home Control functions, such as the eco-function or calendar-based functions.
When the module is functioning properly, the STATUS LED will light up in TEST mode only. If one or several errors occur, the LED will blink to indicate the error code of the error with the highest priority.
- maximum load: 230 V AC – 16 A per channel, single-phase supply
- connection terminals to control 3 settings: low (eco), medium or high
- Compatible with the Niko Home Control solar mode
- Sliding contact to connect the module to the following module on the DIN rail
- Connection terminals: 2 x 4 screw terminals
- Wire capacity: 3 x 1.5 mm² or 2 x 2.5 mm² or 1 x 4 mm² per connection terminal
- Minimum ambient temperature: 0 °C
- Maximum ambient temperature: +45 °C
- DIN dimensions: DIN 2TE
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 91,7 x 35 mm
- Marking: CE