Niko Home Control apps - I get an error message "unable to connect" when launching the Niko Home app
In order to be able to use the Niko Home app (blue house symbol) the software of the Niko Home Control installation shouldn't be older than version 2.5.1.
The current version is version 2.15.
In the case that you haven't performed a software upgrade during the last 2 years, it will be necesarry to use the computersoftware to perform this upgrade.
From that point on, each new release will be handled by the Niko home app
You can easily carry out the software upgrade yourself by following 6 simple steps.
- Step 1: Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as your connected controller wireless smarthub.
- Step 2:
- Step 3: Download the zip file that you can find in the left-hand column of the green box.
- Step 4: A pop-up screen will appear where you can open the ‘exe’ file type for Windows and the ‘DMG file’ type for Mac.
- Step 5: The programming software will now guide you further by means of several steps on the screen.
- Step 6: Once you have run through all the steps, your installation will be fully up-to-date and you can close this programming software again.