Touchscreen 3 upgrade software for Niko Home Control I
In order to use a 3rd (550-20102) generation touchscreen in a Niko Home Control I installation, it needs to be upgraded to the latest software version for Niko Home Control I.
There are 3 ways to upgrade this touchscreen:
1) Using the upgrade flow in the Niko Home Control I programming software. It guides the user to generate a USB upgrade stick and to perform the actual upgrade of this touchscreen.
2) Using the automatic upgrade process. If the touchscreen is powered and connected to an installation with an active internet connection, it will automatically propose remote upgrades whenever they become available. Follow the instructions on the touchscreen to complete the upgrade.
3) By downloading this touchscreen upgrade software for Niko Home Control I below and performing the upgrade manually:
– Download the touchscreen upgrade zip file
– Copy it to an empty USB stick (FAT32)
– Insert the USB stick at the bottom of the touchscreen.
– Follow the instructions on the touchscreen to complete the upgrade
After this upgrade to Niko Home Control I, the touchscreen will no longer work in a Niko Home Control II installation. However, you can always upgrade this touchscreen to Niko Home Control II by following the instructions in "Touchscreen upgrade software for Niko Home Control II".
Please note: always upgrade your Niko Home Control I installation to the latest programming software before upgrading the touchscreen.