About the API connection
The wireless smart hub and the connected controller for Niko Home Control II contain an API, which gives you local access to the Niko Home Control installation. As soon as the installation is configured, you can operate Niko Home Control using the API, as well as receive status information.
- retrieve your available Niko Home Control locations
- retrieve your available Niko Home Control actions and devices
- control your Niko Home Control actions and devices
- receive status information from you Niko Home Control actions and devices
- receive notification messages from your Niko Home Control installation
Good to know
- The API is available locally in the home via the connected controller and the wireless smart hub for Niko Home Control II
- The API uses MQTT as transport with JSON data objects for application communication
- The API is secured and requires authentication via JWT tokens, which expire after one year; we recommend renewing the token every year via the web portal
- Technical API documentation can be found on the web portal
- There are several built-in technical limitations to guarantee your own safety and that of others
- "You are in control, but if you break it, you fix it."