Version 2.0, valid from 1 March 2018
1. The website that you are visiting or the app/software you are using works with cookies and/or similar technologies that store or consult information on your computer, tablet, smart phone or other hardware (hereinafter referred to as your "device"). For the sake of convenience, these cookies and the similar technologies are both referred to as "cookies".
3. Cookies include all technologies that, by placing information on, or reading information from your device, allow your device to be recognised during a visit to the website or while using your device (a so-called 'session' cookie), or that can recognise your device during subsequent visits to the website or during the subsequent repeated use of the app/software (a so-called 'permanent' cookie).
4. There are various types of cookies:
- Session cookies: cookies that are deleted when the browser, app or software is closed. They are only saved for a single session.
- Persistent cookies: cookies that remain stored on your device for a certain period of time (which can vary from 1 hour up to several days/months).
- First-party cookies: cookies that are placed by the website that you visit, or by the provider/author of the app/software.
- Third-party cookies: cookies that are placed by websites that belong to a domain other than that of the website you visit, or by others who are not the provider/author of the app/software.
5. The site that you visit and/or the app/software that you use make use of the following types of cookies:
- Web-form cookies (first-party and persistent cookies: cookies that remember the data that the user provides in online forms that extend over different web pages
- Authentication cookies (first-party and persistent cookies): cookies that facilitate the identification of persons for login purposes
- User Safety cookies (first-party and persistent cookies): cookies that increase the security of the services that the user requests. Among other things, these include techniques to counteract abuse, and cookies that can detect various erroneous attempts to log in
- User Interface Preferred cookies (first-party and permanent): cookies that store the preferences of a user (such as language)
- Analytic cookies (first-party and permanent): cookies that, among other things, measure how a website or a product/service is used
- Google Analytics (third-party): cookies that, among other things, measure how our Niko products and services are used.
- Social Tracking cookies: whenever you interact with a social plug-in, these cookies trace your browsing behaviour across different websites.
6. You can refuse the installation of cookies, but some parts of our website or your app/software will then not work, or will not work optimally (they may be less attuned to your preferences and needs, and your user experience may be less pleasant).
7. If you do not want cookies to be stored on your device, you can adjust the settings of your browser, software or app so that cookies are rejected by default. You can also delete cookies that have already been placed via the settings of your browser. Information about refusing and deleting cookies can be found on the following websites:
- Internet Explorer: information about deleting and refusing cookies:
- Google Chrome: information about deleting and refusing cookies:
- Firefox/Mozilla: information about refusing cookies:
- Firefox/Mozilla: information about deleting cookies:
- Safari: information about deleting and refusing cookies:
- Opera: information about deleting and refusing cookies: