This surface-mounting socket outlet is fitted with side earthing, shutters, with screw terminals and a hinged protection cap. The mechanism is designed to be mounted in a splashproof, surface-mounting box. The entire unit is splashproof which makes it extremely well-suited for use in damp areas and in demanding environments. Colour combination: light grey with dark grey protective cover.
The Niko Hydro products are not suitable for use in ammonia rich environments (e.g. pig houses).
Splashproof surface-mounting socket outlet 16 A/250 Vac with side earthing, shutters and with screw terminals, excluding surface-mounting box, grey. Protection lid: Each socket outlet is covered entirely by a hinged protection cap which opens upward. A spring and a hook-fastener keep the protection cap tightly closed. The sockets are fitted with cage clamps with permanent screws. These screws have combination screwheads (Pz2 or slot 1 x 5.5 mm). Moreover, every screw is provided with a screwdriver slot that prevents the screwdriver from sliding off the screwhead. All connection terminals are located at the top of the end socket and can contain up to 4 x 2.5 mm² of wire. The earthing terminal even up to 2 x 2.5 mm² + 2 x 4 mm². The stripping length (14 mm) of the wires is indelibly imprinted on the back of the base. The function is designed to be mounted in a splashproof, surface-mounting box. The function has an integral closure and is hermetically sealed onto the appropriate box.
Cable space: Two laterally positioned holders inside the outlet hold the mechanism in place. A snap connector holds the wired mechanism in place. There is 12.7 mm of wiring space remaining under the mechanism. The cover has an integral closure and is hermetically sealed onto the appropriate box. The box is made of impact-resistant, dust-preventing, halogen-free and self-extinguishing polypropylene (UL94-V2/1.6 mm). The protection cap is made of rigid ABS. The socket outlet has side earthing in high quality brass.
- Number of mechanisms: 1
- Ambient temperature: -25 – +55 °C
- Protection degree: The combination of a Hydro mechanism + flush or surface mounting box has a protection degree of IP55
- Impact resistance: The combination of a Hydro mechanism and a flush- or surface-mounting box has an impact resistance of IK07 with a minimum temperature of -25 °C and a maximum temperature of 55 °C
- Colour: The socket outlet is coloured in mass, light grey RAL 7035 (NCS S1502-B) and the protection cap is dark grey (NCS S3502-B).
- Certification marks: ÖVE, KEMA
- Marking: CE