This product is temporarily unavailable
The RF Interface Easywave with Easywave protocol lets you use Niko wireless Easywave controls in the Niko Home Control installation. This module receives Easywave radio signals, which allows the use of controls:
- where this would not normally be possible, e.g. on glass or concrete surfaces
- for the renovation of heritage-listed buildings
- for expansions of existing installations where drilling or channelling work is not permitted
- in office areas with movable partition walls
- when complex cabling is to be avoided
RF interface Easywave for Niko Home Control. The RF Interface Easywave with Easywave protocol lets you use Niko wireless Easywave controls in the Niko Home Control installation. This module receives Easywave radio signals, which allows the use of controls:
- where this would not normally be possible, e.g. on glass or concrete surfaces.
- for the renovation of heritage-listed buildings.
- for expansions of existing installations where drilling or channelling work is not permitted.
- in office areas with movable partition walls.
- when complex cabling is to be avoided.
This modular receiver allows a connection to be established between Niko wireless Easywave controls and the Niko Home Control installation. The transfer takes place via radio waves on the licence-free ISM frequency band 868.3 MHz according to the European standard. This frequency only allows products that emit signals no more than 1 % per hour, which reduces the risk of interrupted signals to an absolute minimum. The system consists of a modular set-up including transmitters and one receiver. The wall transmitters are shaped like switches and are mounted onto the wall. The hand-held transmitters are shaped like traditional remote controls. These products are manufactured in conformity with EU regulations and meet all the requirements of R&TTE directive 1999/5/EC.
Signals from devices for which a remote control is used, such as TVs, video and audio, will not be interrupted by Easywave transmitters. Easywave transmitters do not require to be positioned to point towards the receiver. The indoor range is ± 30 m, and 100 m in open space. The transmission range depends on the materials used in the residence:
- brick, concrete: loss of 20 to 40 %
- wood, plaster walls: loss of 5 to 20 %
- reinforced concrete: loss of 40 to 90 %
- confined metal space: loss of 90 to 100 %
A diagnostic device (05-370) can be used to determine the RF signal strength within a certain area. The device recognises all 868.3 MHz signals. The nine LEDs on the device will indicate the quality of the signals received or the strength of any interrupting signals. This allows you to determine whether or not the signal range of the RF transmitter will meet your needs.
The following wireless Easywave switches/controls are compatible for use with the RF interface Easywave:
- switch with two control buttons (410-00001)
- switch with four control buttons (410-00002)
- switch with eight control buttons (410-00003)
- mini RF hand-held transmitter with one channel, one control button (05-311)
- remote control with five channels, three control buttons (05-313)
- mini RF hand-held transmitter with one channel, four control buttons (05-314)
- mini transmitter interface with battery (05-315)
Connect the external antenna (supplied in the box) to the module. The external antenna includes a connection cable of 2 m. Position the antenna outside the electrical cabinet for a maximum signal range.
When the module is functioning properly, the STATUS LED will light up in TEST mode only. If one or several errors occur, the LED will blink to indicate the error code of the error with the highest priority.
- Sliding contact to connect the module to the following module on the DIN rail
- Minimum ambient temperature: 0 °C
- Maximum ambient temperature: +45 °C
- DIN dimensions: DIN 2TE
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 92 mm
- Marking: CE