This ultra-flat external video unit for flush mounting is finished with a black front plate made of anodised aluminium (3 mm thick). The device is equipped with a 130° HD colour camera and a Plexiglass name plate that can be engraved. The touch button requires no maintenance and is extremely durable. The external video unit is supplied with a flush-mounting box. This external unit has 4 touch buttons. As this external video unit is not fitted with lights, we recommend that it is only used in locations that are sufficiently lit. In other locations it is better to use the illuminated version in our range. Combined with touchscreen 2 (or a smartphone or tablet) as an internal video unit, access control can be integrated into a Niko Home Control installation via the external video unit. Please note: we recommend providing at least one touchscreen 2 on top of the smartphones and/or tablets, because a wired device is always more reliable than a mobile one.
External video unit with 4 touch buttons for Niko Home Control.
With this external video unit for flush mounting, the resident can see and communicate with a visitor. If a door lock is coupled to the Niko Home Control installation, the resident can also allow the visitor to enter. This external video unit won the Red Dot Design Award 2014 and is available with one, two or four touch buttons. There is always a suitable alternative for use in a variety of situations.
- an individual residence;
- a residence with a private and a practice section;
- a city residence with a shop on the ground floor and a flat above.
When the visitor calls by pressing one of the touch buttons, the HD camera and the full-duplex speech connection are activated. The visitor automatically hears the Niko on-hold music as confirmation of the call. The touch buttons are piezo buttons which are resistant to wear and vandalism and which also react if the visitor is wearing gloves. The call is sent to the Niko Home Control touchscreen 2 or your smartphone or tablet with Android (version 4.0 or later) or iOS (version 6.0 or later) via the Ethernet switch (e.g. Niko Media Kit Ethernet over twisted pair) and the gateway. We recommend providing at least one touchscreen 2 on top of the smartphones and/or tablets, because a wired device is always more reliable than a mobile one. The gateway acts as an SIP server (telephone exchange). You see the visitor on your screen, and a pop-up appears with the call screen in the Niko Home Control application. With the Niko Home Control application, you can do the following:
- see who is at the door.
- accept or reject the call.
- communicate with the visitor. There are no interruptions in the speech traffic since speech is possible in two directions simultaneously thanks to the full-duplex speech connection. Interfering ambient noises are reduced to a minimum.
- allow the visitor to enter if a door lock is coupled to the Niko Home Control installation.
- adjust the speech volume of the visitor.
- mute the volume of your own microphone (mute, unmute).
Each external video unit can only be connected to one Niko Home Control installation. The Niko Home Control installation must have a gateway for communication with the video external unit. The resident must have a secured WiFi network (if the Niko Home Control application is used). A maximum of three external video units may be connected per Niko Home Control installation. Connect a maximum of 10 Niko Home Control IP devices (touchscreen 2, external video unit, smartphone, tablet) to the IP interface.
- Power supply voltage: 48 V DC ± 10%
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions front plate: 256 x 110 x 3 mm (HxWxD)
- Dimensions flush-mounting box: 239 x 89 x 47 mm (HxWxD)
- Camera: • Hd-colour camera with 720 horizontal TV lines
- Light sensitivity camera: 1 lux
- Camera angle: 130°
- Wiring technique: box wiring
- Minimum ambient temperature: -30 °C
- Maximum ambient temperature: +60 °C
- Finishing colour: black
- Protection degree: IP53
- Marking: CE